Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Texting

I just saw on the news that a 18 year old boy/man was convicted of murder while texting in Massachusetts. It is sad that people have become so irresponsible that it has come to this. April 25, 2012 my uncle was killed by a college student that they believe was texting and driving. He still hasn't been arrested yet. I am beginning to believe that he is related to someone with some type of influence. My uncle was moving some furniture and a chair fell out of his truck. He pulled over and a state trooper blocked the lane with his car with the lights on. This kid plowed into them on a straight stretch of interstate so there is no excuse. My uncle was killed and the state trooper seriously injured. My aunt is devastated. Her husband was her everything. It is so heartbreaking. He was such a wonderful man and we had alot of fun every year at the Railroad Festival. This year is going to be hard. I hope my aunt can overcome her grief. It is so hard seeing someone you love so close to you and you can't do a thing about it. It has hit the entire family pretty hard.
Please remind everyone you know and love not to text and drive. Even talking on the phone isn't safe.

1 comment:

Debby said...

I get so mad when I see someone texting while driving. So sorry for your loss.