Friday, July 20, 2012

Prayers for Colorado and Idiots

My son has been looking so forward to seeing the new Batman and now I am just dreading it. It is so sad what happened in Colorado. I don't understand such evil. Just reminds you how precious life is. Sometimes I feel like I am going through the motions. That is sad when you think, it can all end tomorrow. The families and victims are in my prayers and thoughts.

Now to the idiots. You may have read this store on Yahoo http://news.yahoo.com/couple-colo-theater-shooting-escape-baby-toddler-tow-162024554--abc-news-topstories.html. First of all, they take small children to the movie theater at midnight. Then the chicken dad drops his four month old on the floor and jumps off the balcony, runs from the theater and drives away! With his fiancee, her daughter, and the baby in the theater that the shooting occured. He left them there!  And he admits it in the media. What a moron! Hope she has a brain and dumps him!

1 comment:

Annesphamily said...

Good morning, being here so close to this tragedy really sends chills thru me! My middle college daughter and I were talking and we both think that mothering mode kicks in and that mom with the little ones drug her kids outta there! Lots of stories are emerging. The sailor who gave his life to save his girlfriends. The young couple who lost each other for a moment and he ran back into the chaos to get her! I suppose we can never know the reactions we would have unless we were there. There is a young woman who sat up front and was the first to see the shooter. She and her BFF, a guy she has known since they were 6 years old remained totally calm and hit that floor until they could safely escape!
My prayers are with all of them during this most horrific nightmare.
I refuse to acknowledge the shooter and I wish they would shut up about him! Who cares anyway? Apparently his parents were fueling big bucks to him because he was in full riot gear and none of that gear is cheap!
I also think it is absolutely ridiculous to attend a movie premier in costume! Try walking into an airport or bank with a mask on! I am just saying....
I think we see these tragedies and then we become so oblivious to them. Then another one happens and it starts all over again! I just know the only truth lies in faith in God and I will always take my chances with Him.
Blessings to you and thank you for sharing your thoughts here.
Anne